Marriage Is A Basis For Blessings
1. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, "Marriage is the basis for blessings and children are an abundance of mercy."
Complete Concealment Of Women
2. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, "A women is in complete concealment. Shaytaan endeavours to glance at her when she leaves the home. In another Hadith it is related, " A women is in complete concealment, restrain them within the home."
The Many Forms Of Punishment For Women
3. Hazrat Ali radiyallahu anhu has stated, "I arrived at the blessed presence of the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam with Hazrat Fatimah radiyallahu anha only to find him uncontrollably crying. I asked ‘ May my parents be sacrificed for you, oh Prophet of Allah, what ails you to cry?’ The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam stated, ‘Oh Ali, the night I travelled the heavens I saw the women from my followers being punished in numerous ways, and upon seeing their intense punishment, I began to cry.’ The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam then described the various methods of punishment. Hazrat Fatimah radiyallahu anha stood up and asked, ‘My dear father, and the coolness of my eyes what crimes did these women commit to warrant for such punishment?’ The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam replied, ‘My beloved daughter, the woman who was hanging from her hair did not keep it covered from other men. The woman who was hanging from her tongue used to distress her husband and the woman who was hanging from her chest soiled her husbands bed meaning she had illicit relations with other men. And the woman whose feet were stretched and bound to her chest with her hands bound to her forehead, and who had snakes and scorpions set upon her, was the woman who did not keep her body cleansed of janabat (pollution), haidh (The menses) and who ridiculed Salaah. And the woman who had the head of a pig and the body of a donkey was a woman who lied and spoke ill of people behind their back. And the woman whose face resembled a dog and who entered the mouth of a fire and came out of the back, was a jealous woman and one who spoke and boasted of favours conferred."
Curse On Women Who Cause Suffering To Husband
4. It has been narrated by Muaaz Ibn Jabal. He relates that the Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam had instructed, "When a woman causes her husband suffering his wife, amongst his celestial brides (Hooray-Ayn), curses, ‘May Allah also inflict pain on you. Don’t cause your husband suffering.’ And Oh my beloved Fatimah, reproach awaits the woman who disobeys her husband."(Ibn Maajah and Tirmidhi)
At the end of this narration there are also the words, "May Allah also inflict pain on you. All men are merely your guests. Soon they will leave you and come to me."
Rights Of Both Wife And Husband
5. It has been narrated by Amr Ibn Akhwas. He relates that it was commanded by the Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam "Be kind towards your women. Take heed! You have rights over your women and your women also have rights over you. Their rights over you are that you provide food and clothing for them in good faith. Your rights over them are that they do not allow and nor do they give permission, for people to trespass into your house whose presence you dislike."
Angels Derision With Impure People
6. It has been narrated by Hazrat Ali karamallahu wajhahu that the Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam stated, " The Angels do not enter homes that have dogs, pictures and of those men and women who, due to indolence, are in an impure state."
Lamenting Upon Husband’s Death
7. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, "They are not of us (meaning Muslims) who lash at their faces, tear their garments and speak words of ignorance (due to the death of someone or due to some calamity)."
(Bukhari: Narrated by Abdullah b. Masud)
Penalty For Parading Oneself In Husbands Absence
8. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam stated, "There are three people who will be asked nothing in regard to themselves. I. A person who separates himself from his brotherhood and disobeys his religious leader and caliph. II. A slave who absconds and meets his death whilst still in the state of disobedience. III. A wife who, in her husband’s absence, adorns and displays herself before others behind her husband’s back, though he has left her ample provisions."
(Khadhaala b. U’bay)
Punishment For Fornication
9. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam stated, "Khamsun Li Khamsin (five for five)." The companions of the Prophet requested, "Ma Khamsun Li Khamsin?" Meaning, what are the five sins that are the cause for five punishments. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam replied, " (1) Allah T’aala allows those people to be conquered by their enemy who become negligent and free of care. (2) Poverty becomes rampant among those people who do not rule according to the shariah, as sent down by Allah. (3) Allah will certainly send down the plague among those people who indulge in fornication. (4) Harvest is restricted and famine becomes prevalent on those people who are dishonest in their dealings. (5) Rain is restricted from those people who refrain from giving zakaat (alms).
Penalty For Trying To Cause Your Spouse Harm
10. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam stated, " If a man or a woman were to spend seventy years in obedience of Allah T’aala, but at the time of death attempt, in a bequest, to cause each other harm (man to woman or woman to man), hell becomes compulsory upon them. Abu Hurairah recited the following verses:
After payment of legacies he (or she) may have bequeathed or debts, so that no loss is caused (to anyone). (4:12)
(Abu Dawud:Abu Hurairah)
An Immoral Divorce
11. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, " The greatest sin amongst all sins in the eyes of Allah, is of a person, who marries a woman and divorces her once his needs have been fulfilled and also usurps her dowry in the process. Secondly, is a person who after having employed somebody usurps their pay. Thirdly, is a person who kills animals for no apparent reason." (Al-Hakim and Al-Bayhaqi:Ibn Umar)
12. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, "A person who speaks insolently towards his father is distanced from Allah T’aala’s mercy. A person who speaks insolently towards his mother is distanced from Allah T’aala’s mercy." And finally he stated, "A person who behaves in the manner of the people of Lut, meaning commits sodomy, is distanced from Allah T’aala’s mercy."
(Imam Ahmad: Ibn Abbas)
The Need For Secrecy Among Married Couples
13. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, " A person who after having intercourse with his spouse, reveals their secrecy, will be in the lowest rank on the day of Judgement in the eyes of Allah."
Respect For A Mujahideen’s Family
14. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, " The respect of a Mujahideen’s (Those that fight in the Path of Allah) wife upon a non-Mujahideen wife resembles respecting one’s mother. If a person, among those who have not fought in the path of Allah, were to breach the trust of a Mujahideen’s family, he will be stopped on the Day of Judgement and the Mujaahid will be given permission to take this person’s good deeds at the extent of his will, until the Mujaahid will have taken so many deeds, so as tol be satisfied."
It has also been further narrated in Nasai, "Are you of the opinion that the Mujaahid will leave him any good deeds?"
15. It has been narrated by Hazrat Thawbaan radiyallahu anhu, " The fragrance of Jannat is unlawful upon that woman who asks her husband for a divorce for no apparent reason."
(Imaam Ahmed, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ibn Maajah and Haakim)
Prohibition Of Meeting A Woman Alone
16. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, "Under no circumstances should a man have intercourse or remain alone with a woman. And under no circumstances should a woman undertake travel except in a situation, whereby a Mahram (e.g. Spouse) is with her." A person requested, "Dear Prophet, my name has been enlisted for such and such a battle though my wife is going for Hajj." The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam replied, "Go with your wife and perform Hajj."
(Bukhari, Muslim:Abu Hurairah)
17. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, "After today, under no circumstances, should a man go to see a woman whose husband is absent, unless there is another man with him, or another two men."
(Ahmad and Muslim:Ibn Umar)
Angels Derision With Impure People
18. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, " Angels do not even come close to three types of people. Firstly, the body of a Kafir (Infidel) secondly, a person who has applied feminine perfume and thirdly, a person who is in an impure state, excepting the fact that they have at least performed wudhu (ablution)."
(Abu Dawud:Ammar Ibn Yasir)
Penalty For Wearing Perfume Amongst Public
19. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, " If a woman was to apply perfume to herself, then leave her home and wander past people who were to catch her fragrance, she would be sinful of adultery and she would also be sinful of adultery for every glance she received." (Ahmad, Nasai and Al-Haakim:Abu Moosa Al-Ashari)
Penalty On A Woman For Applying Perfume To The Masjid
20. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, " If a woman made her way to the masjid having applied perfume upon herself, her salaahs would not be accepted until she had bathed herself." And it has been further related in a Hadith that she should perform her ablution in the manner that she was taking an ablution for janabat (Impurity). (Ibn Maajah: Abu Hurairah)
Prohibition For Women To Travel With Out Mahram
21. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, "It is not lawful for a woman, who has firm faith in Allah and the Day of Judgement, to undertake a journey for three or more days (forty-eight miles or more) unless she is accompanied by her father, son , husband, brother or a Mahram." (Ahmed, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi and Ibn Maajah: Abu Saeed Al-Khudhri)
Prohibition For Sharing A Single Sheet
22. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, "No man should lie down with another man wrapped in a single sheet or cloth and nor should a woman do the same with another woman."
Women’s Hijaab (Veil) From Men
23. Umme Salmah radiyallahu anha narrates that she was in the presence of the Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam along with Hazrat Maymunah radiyallahu anha when Abdullah Ibn Umme Maktoom radiyallahu anhu came in, this incident took place after the command for Hijaab had been revealed, the Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam immediately ordered us to conceal ourselves from him. We asked: "Oh Rasoolullah, is he not blind! He can not see us and nor can he identify us." The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam replied, "Are you also blind! Do you not see him ?"
Note: This order is related to taqwa and not fatwa.
(Ahmad, Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi: Umme Salmah radiyallahu anha)
Satar (Parts Of The Body Necessary To Be Concealed)
24. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, "A man should not look at the satar of another man and nor should a woman look at the satar of another woman. Also, no man should lie down with another man wrapped in a single sheet or cloth and nor should a woman lie down with another woman wrapped in a single sheet or cloth. They should sleep with separate sheets or coverlets."
(Sahih Muslim: Abu Saeed Al-Khudhri radiyallahu anhu)
25. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has cursed the eunuchs (castrated men) amongst men who choose to imitate women and amongst those women who wish to become like men. He has also cursed those unmarried men who refuse to marry and also those women who live alone and refuse to marry. (Imaam Ahmad: Abu Hurairah)
Increase One’s Family Lineage
26. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam commanded, "Be married and extend your family lineage. It will be through you that I will have a reason to be proud over all the other Ummats (followers). Even though it may be through a miscarriage or due to a premature birth.
Imitation Of Females In Male Attire And Vice Versa
27. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam stated, "A woman who dons male clothing is distant from Allah’s mercy, as is a man who dons female clothing." (Al-Kabaair Lith-thahabi)
Punishment For Trying To Drive A Rift Between A Married Couple
28. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam stated, "A man who attempts to distance a woman from her husband is distant from Allah T’aala’s mercy."
Leaving Home Without Husband’s Consent
29. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam stated, "A woman becomes distant from Allah’s mercy when she leaves the home without her husband’s consent." (Al-Kabaair Lith-thahabi )
30. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam stated, "There are four people who awake at dawn with Allah’s anger upon them and who greet dusk with Allah’s displeasure." The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam was questioned as to who they were, he replied, "Those men who choose to imitate women and those women who choose to imitate men. Also a person who fulfils his physical desire with an animal and the one who commits sodomy." (Al-Kabaair Lith-thahabi )
Reward For Returning Home To The Children
31. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, "Your walking towards the Masjid and returning home to your children, holds the same merit in reward." (Al-Ifsah Ibn Hajr Haitha mi )
Allah’s Pleasure In Pleasing One’s Wife
32. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has Stated, "Allah is pleased when a husband plays with his wife, due to this he fixes thawaab (good reward) for them or he establishes halal rizq (lawful sustenance) for them." (Al-Ifsah Ibn Hajr Haithami)
Command For Marriage Regarding Children
33. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam commanded regarding children, " If they neglect salaah at the age of seven, then reprimand them, at the age of nine separate their beds (do not let two of them sleep in the same bed) and at the age of seventeen get them married. Once the father has carried this out he should place his child before him and say, ‘ May Allah not make you a cause for my testing and trial." (Al-Ifsah Ibn Hajr Haithami)
Behest For Walimah
34. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, "Bid your brides farewell for shabbe zufaaf (consummation with husband) and at mid-day have the walimah (marriage feast)."
(Al-Ifsah Ibn Hajr Haithami)
Foremost Type Of Intercession
35. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, " The foremost type of intercession (sifaarish) from the many methods of intervening is when an intercession is made for someone for marriage." (Al-Ifsah Ibn Hajr Haithami)
Purity Increases Through Marriage
36. It has been narrated by Zaid Ibn Arqam that the Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam stated, "Oh Zaid! Be wedded, for your purity will be further increased."
(Dailami: Imaam Abu Hanifa)
Allah Ta’ala’s Assistance Is Compulsory For The Bridegroom
38. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, "It is compulsory upon Allah to assist four types of people (i.e. Allah has promised to do this) i. A Judge; ii. A person who gets married (with the intentions of remaining pure); iii. A slave buying his freedom; iv. A Haaji (one has performed the pilgrimage). (Ahmad, Tirmidhi)
The Reward For Foregoing Hajj For Marriage
39. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has said, "To get married is Hajj e-Akbar (Supreme Hajj). Whosoever spends his money for Hajj on his marriage, Allah will also reward him with the virtue for Hajj. Marriage is like an armies fort."
(Dailami, Munawi: Hafiz Ibn Hajar)
The Prophet’s sallallahu alaihe wasallam Malice
40. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has said, "I severly dislike that woman who puts her cloak on and leaves the home in order to complain about her husband." (Tabrani, Haithami)
Terimakasih banyak sudah menginformasikan keberadaan www.maskawinmu.com kepada keluarga, saudara, teman dan sekitar anda